CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Ahhh...SUMMER!

Summer vaca! Ahhhh....time for summer vacation.  I can 't think of two nicer words right now.  Yesterday, was the last day of school.  My Firties are now Second graders!  I'm excited for them.  A whole new adventure awaits them next year.  Some of my Firsties will be moving to new buildings--it was sad to see them go.  Even many of  my former Kinders will be moving on...some to middle school while others will be going to our Year Round building.  It was hard to see some of them go.  No more morning hugs from a last year Firstie; no more extra help in the afternoon from grown up Fifth grade Kinders.  Deep sigh.  Time to pack up my room for the summer and relax.  My goal for packing is to organize at the same time.  I know a big goal but I love walking in to a ready to go, organized room in August.  Then...relax, relax, relax.  Well, kind of...the Amazon boxes are already arriving with summer teacher reads.  This summer's goal...create a plan for the Daily Five (a summer reread).  What are your summer teacher reads?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Follow Me on Pinterest